Combat Pistol Concepts
Quality Defensive Handgun Instruction for Reasonable Rates!
Welcome to my website, and thank you for visiting!
The Combat Pistol Concepts Defensive Shooting Course is an intuitive shooting course designed to increase your efficiency, and thus your effectiveness with a handgun, in the context of a life threatening encounter that occurs within what I refer to as the "Red Zone".
LET'S TAKE THE COURSE DESCRIPTION ABOVE AND BREAK IT DOWN A LITTLE BIT.
1. Intuitive - During a life threatening encounter our bodies natural survival reactions will 'kick in'. We have no control over them! These natural reactions must be incorporated into defensive pistol training so we perform the proper actions that will work well with those reactions.
2. Efficiency - a simple definition of efficiency is performing a given task with as little energy, effort, movement, and time as possible to achieve the desired results. Developing consistancy in your actions play a tremedous role on efficiency.
3. Effectiveness - Effectiveness, or achieving the desired results, is directly related to efficiency and consistancy.
4. Context - Training in "context" is extremely important for any type of shooting. The "context" under which we train in my course is that of a life threatening dynamic critical incident which occurs in the "Red Zone". A life threatening encounter is unexpected and chaotic and training should be as realistic as possible to prepare! Unfortunately far too many do not train and practice for this type of scenario.
5. Red Zone - Empirical evidence shows that a tremendous number of life threatening encounters occur at distances of 5 yards or less, which I call the "Red Zone". To be effective at these shorter distances a shooter should learn and practice the proper techniques that could help them survive.
For complete information on my defensive handgun course, student prerequisites, and to register for an upcoming course, please click here or on the 'About My Course' link on your left.
Thank you for visiting Combat Pistol Concepts for your defensive handgun training! I look forward to meeting you soon!
Owner and Chief Instructor
Combat Pistol Concepts and Defensive Training Concepts
-NRA Certified Advanced Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
-Glock Instructors Workshop Graduate
-Combat Focus Certified Instructor
-Former Military and Civilian Law Enforcement Officer